Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 in Review

In thinking about this year, it has really been a formative turning point in my life.  As I look forward to 2013, I wanted to take a look back at all I've made it through in 2012 to get here.

This year I...
- lived with 13 crazy strangers in a tiny house in DC, yet felt so alone the whole time
- had to get used to going out and doing things on my own there
- felt anger towards how I was treated by roommates, teachers, and advisers in DC
- felt like I didn't have a voice to do anything about it
- felt homesick from being away from my family, friends, and boyfriend for so long
- was depressed and doubtful of my future after 4 months of job searching without success
- was scared of what graduating and being independent meant
- realized I'd gained weight and my clothes weren't fitting right; felt insecure about my body
- made myself never miss a day at the gym and count my calories
- made myself go through and organize almost everything in my room/that I own with my free, jobless time
- was disappointed that I'd have to be an intern, yet again
- stressed about adjusting to two new work environments at the same time
- put so much pressure on myself to do an amazing job so I'd get hired full time

It has been a year for growth and for getting my life in order. After all the craziness and struggle that has been this year, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm in a really good place.  I'm getting to where I envisioned myself to be as I am half-way to turning 22.

I have a steady job that I really love in the city that I love and where my family is, I could not be happier or more supported in my relationship, and I am starting to feel confident in my body for the first time ever after getting into shape and losing a few pounds.

I'm sure there will be many more challenges ahead in 2013, but right now I am celebrating all the progress I've made.  Thanks to all of you who had my back, listened, and supported me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment