Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm going to Washington!

I have had to keep a blog for my communications class this semester, and I've really enjoyed it.  I wanted to start a personal one, but didn't really know if I had enough to say.  Then, when I got into the South Carolina Washington Semester Program, I thought this would be the perfect time to start blogging.  It will help me keep everyone who wants to know what I'm doing in DC updated and reflect on all the amazing things I will get to do and learn.  So here we go!

If you don't know about the SC Washington Semester Program, it is a combination of an internship and two other classes.  One is a current issues class, and the other is a theater class.  The internship placements can be in congressional offices or almost any place else you can think of in DC.  I probably won't know for a while where my placement will be, but anything I would get would be helpful to me in my interest areas (news and PR).  There will be 14-18 of us (I'm not sure how many they accepted this year) in the program, from many different schools in SC.  Our housing is 2-3 blocks from Capitol Hill and around the corner from Union Station, which is pretty incredible.

I probably won't be posting again until I find out my internship placement, other info about the program, or until I get there, but I was so excited I wanted to get the blog up and running now :]

I will leave you with a picture of me in front of the White House from the first time I went to DC when I was in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment