Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rambling and My New Job

Just when I think I have things figured out in life or think that I'm where I'm supposed to be, it all changes.  I guess that's just how it goes.  It's all a balance and not everything is going to be perfect all at once.  I keep thinking "Wow, that experience was hard," but then something else happens that's even harder.

I think the whole idea of becoming independent or becoming an adult isn't really about moving out of your parents house (though maybe I'll feel differently once I do) or paying bills or getting a full-time job after college or anything like that.  For me, it's more about making the tough decisions and knowing that I'm doing the right thing, whether anybody else agrees with me or not.  I'm trying to follow my gut and my heart, and it is taking more courage than I've ever needed before.

At the end of the day, I shouldn't have to explain my choices to anyone else.  It might not make sense to someone else, and it might piss some people off.  I have to rely on the fact that I know I'm doing what's best for me, and nobody else knows what that is except me.  That's a hard conclusion to come to after years of doing what's expected and having a plan for it all, but that's life.  It's hard.  It's messy.  It's complicated.  Things change.  That's what makes it so exciting.

One of the big decisions I made recently is to take a new job, and I think it's going to be an amazing opportunity for me.  I'll be working for Chumney & Associates, an ad agency here in Greenville who does work mostly for car dealerships.  They haven't done any social media for clients before and want to start, so they are bringing me in to head a new social media department.  I'm sure it will be challenging at first to learn a new industry and get started, but it's also just so exciting to think about the possibilities of what I can contribute and do.  I like a challenge, and this is my passion.  I can't wait.

So those are all of my deep thoughts on life for a while, but I'm still learning everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Chumney and Associates made a great choice! Best wishes as you move ahead. JS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it as always and u know i always have your back! You gained a friend for life by entering this last endeavor and will support you fully on all those to.come.. If you learn anything from me at all .. No matter what life throws at you..be there with a baseball bat to give it right back. You have a great head on your shouders and will go far! Keep smiling! TMH

    ReplyDelete