Tuesday, April 23, 2013

You Will Regret Not Looking At This Post

Yes, this picture exists.
 

I was going to wait until Throwback Thursday to post this, but I just couldn't.

So this one time, when I was a kid, my dad started corresponding with this German dude whose last name was also Markwardt on AOL (how revolutionary).  Then this guy decides to send his 16-year-old daughter over to the great United States to stay with us...what?!?  I guess the 90's was a safer time and/or Germans really have a lot of faith in other people of German-decent.

I don't really remember this experience much, but I have heard many stories over the years from my parents of this bizarre occurrence, and I do remember taking this absolutely ridiculous picture.  We were really showing her the American way, I guess.  Clearly, little me was pretty thrilled about it.

Just thought this was too good not to share with the internet and turns out this girl is coming to the US again in June with her boyfriend so we might see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment